1.To make your own baking powder, stir and sift together 2 parts of Cream of Tartar to 1 part baking soda and 1 part cornstarch.
2.For silver pieces without raised patterns or cemented-on handles: place the silver on aluminum foil in an enamel pot. Add boiling water and 4 tbsp. baking soda. Let stand, rinse and dry.
3.Clean your bathroom with dry soda on a moist sponge - sink, tub, tiles, shower stall, etc.
4.Rub stainless steel and chrome with a moist cloth and dry baking soda to shine it up. Rinse and dry. On stainless steel, scrub in the direction of the grain.
5. Clean vegetables and fruit with baking soda. Sprinkle in water, soak and rise the produce.
6. Putting 2 tbsp. of baking soda in your baby's bath water will help relieve diaper rash irritations.
7. Apply soda directly to insect bites, rashes and poison ivy to relieve discomfort. Make a paste with water.
8.To relieve sunburn: use a paste of baking soda and water.
9. Add to water to soak dried beans to make them more digestible. (prevent gas)
10. To remove sour smell from dish cloths and sponges soak in 1/2 C. baking soda to 1 qt. water.
11. For a badly-burned pan with a thick layer of burned-on food: pour a thick layer of soda directly onto the bottom of the pan, then sprinkle on just enough water so as to moisten the soda. Leave the pot overnight, then scrub it clean next day.
12. To freshen drains pour 1/2 C. baking soda and follow with 1/2 C. white vinegar.