Saturday, January 29, 2011

Easiest Ever, No Knead Bread

I don't know about you but I LOVE bread!  A couple of weeks ago I decided to go on a "bread fast".   The reason for this was that I was beginning to think that I might actually be addicted to it!  That being said, I still love to bake bread.  This recipe couldn't be easier.  

 

 3 cups all purpose or bread flour (I sometimes use half bread flour, half whole wheat flour)
1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I use kosher)
1 1/2 cups water- a bit warmer than luke warm


Mix ingredients in a large bowl until combined into a shaggy dough. cover bowl with plastic wrap. let rest at room temp for 12-18 hours.(I make mine in the evening and let it rise overnight.) Scoop dough out on floured work surface, folding it twice and let rest for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with flour to handle and shape into a saggy ball. Let rest on floured surface for 1-2 hours. Preheat oven to 450 degrees, place your pot either cast iron, pyrex or similar lidded pot into the oven, heat pot for at least 30 minutes (I put the pot in when I turn on the oven). Carefully tip dough ball into hot pot and return to oven covered for 30 minutes, remove lid and bake for another 15-30 (I find 15 to be enough) til golden brown. Don't cut until cooled and store in plastic bag after cutting. Use within 24 hours (trust me it won't last that long!). Enjoy!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment