Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pinecones!

Yesterday I was out gathering some items for a party we'll be hosting at our home on Saturday.  I came across a bag of cinnamon simmering pot- pourri.  I don't know of any other time of the year that I love the scent of cinnamon more.  It reminded me of something I need to go look for today; cinnamon scented pine cones.
Actually, I love decorating with pine cones.  They inject a little of nature into the holiday home decor and can be used in so many creative ways!  Depending on where you live, you can get more than you'll ever need for free!  If you'd like them scented, just stop by a health food store and pick up a bottle of cinnamon oil.  Just a few drops will go a long way!  Here are some really creative ways to use pine cones to decorate your home for the holidays.  If you don't want to be this extravagant with your pine cones you can simply pile them into an old crock, basket or pottery bowl.  One of natures most beautiful holiday decorations... simple and elegant!







Now, I'm going to run out and see if I can find some cinnamon scented pine cones... unless someone has more than they need and would like to send me a box!
 
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment