Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Recreated Turkey Panini

This past Saturday Brianna and our sweet friend Renee went to a restaurant in New Braunfels.  You would think that by that point we would have been quite sick of turkey but all three of us ordered turkey sandwiches of one variety or another.
My sandwich was a turkey panini which consisted of sliced turkey (luncheon meat) cranberry sauce and cream cheese.  For those of you who are not familiar with Panini, these sandwiches are pressed while they are grilled.
I was quite sure that I could recreate this sandwich as it was very simple and quite yummy.

Today was the day!  I had all of the necessary ingredients including a wonderful Cranberry Chutney that I had made last week. (Recipe on recipes page.)  I used sliced turkey (not luncheon meat) and whipped cream cheese.  Put cream cheese on anything and it's bound to be AMAZING!  I wasn't disappointed.  You can find the recipe for the Turkey Panini on the recipes page.

Needless to say, this is going to be a regular on my lunch (and maybe even dinner) list from now on.  It's a great option to the regular turkey salad sandwiches we all grow sick of at this time of the year.  Give this one a try... I think you like it!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment