Thursday, February 17, 2011

(Yes, I'm a Yankee) Candles!

Ok... do my girls know me or what?  I got a text from Rachel, our oldest a little bit ago which read, "Hey Mom, Yankee Candle is doing a sale on all their small candles!"    
Now understand, being from New England I'm sorta partial to the title... "Yankee", (Even though I've been out of New England longer than I lived there!) and then I'm really, REALLY partial to candles!  You will rarely ever NOT find an candle burning somewhere in my home.  Over the years I have tried so many different brands of candles and yet, I still return to my "Yankee" candles.  My favorite scent, by far, is the Home Sweet Home but I switch out regularly depending on the time of the year. In the spring I like the fresh scent of Clean Linen.  In the fall the Pumpkin Spice and Harvest are wonderful. During the Holidays I love the Christmas Wreath and Sugar Cookie candles.  I'm not crazy at all about the floral scents and lean more toward the spicey, clean smells. Pier One has a very exotic smelling candle that I love as well.  It's called Asian Spice.
The bottom line is; candles just add that warm, cozy "something" to your environment.  Whether it's the flame, or the scent or even the design of the candle and/or it's container it's hard to find someone who doesn't love and appreciate a wonderful candle.  Why not go get a new one for yourself or a friend!  You'll both love it!  :)
Here is the Yankee Candle website so you can get a few on sale! 
 www.yankeecandle.com

And here is a way to get an even bigger discount on them! :)
 www.retailmenot.com/view/yankeecandle.com
 
Sue

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Asian Spice! Much to my chagrin, Pier 1 discontinued it for a while. Finally, last year, they have it back on their shelves! SWOON!

    Love the bloggy-blog!!!

    Jackie Gobin Osmon

    ReplyDelete